Friday, June 09, 2006

Dinner out













Today was my first full day of classes. I have class with about 13 other students in the morning, and we moved quite quickly. It's going to be intense, but I already feel as if I'm learning alot. I have a private lesson every afternoon for an hour, which seems like it will prove to be very helpful! On campus we are asked to speak only in Japanese, and our teachers only use Japanese, but as one can imagine, native tounges make their way in, especially English, which is also spoken by most of the European students, and just seems to have a way of sneaking in.
I went out to dinner with a group of people from the dorm this evening, I had soba with tempura, which was quite good, and a small sample of sake. After dinner they gave us these crackers which were labeled with the word "Steak". I actually think they were steak crackers. Others said they were quite good, but all four vegetarians (including me) stayed away. Why ruin a good cracker with steak? Anyway, as with most meals, we recieved a hot towel before hand, and some hot tea. Dinner was followed up at the campus bar, and a good time was had by all. :)

No comments: