Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Nagoya again
















Today I went to Nagoya in the afternoon to give a guest lecture to a group of American university students here on study abroad. I spoke on Meiji and Taisho prints. It was really fun to talk about art history, and also to use English all afternoon. While in Nagoya I went to the Maruzen bookstore again and purchased an electronic dictionary. This is really exciting! I can even write in kanji and it will tell me which one it is! It does English, Japanese, and Chinese, how smart is that? I'm a big geek for my dictionary, but sometimes it's the little things.... I headed home during the evening rush, at which time both the Nagoya subway system and the JR train that I take between Nagoya and Okazaki were quite crowded to say the least. The photos above are of the Nagoya subway, I was facinated to see the random flower arrangement surrounded by the station bustle, and the other picture is of the massive underground mall that surrounds one of the major stations, selling everything from food to lingerie to electronics. Massive. :)

No comments: