Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Daily life 2





Today is a landmark day- I have inherited a bike! It may not be the most beautiful bicycle, but I am pretty excited to have a method of transport other than my feet. Thank you Scott! Riding a bike in Okazaki is slightly exhilarating, as there is lots of traffic and the streets are narrow, but there are bike lanes in some places, and the drivers seem quite aware.
The other photos in this post are from the coffee shop next to the Yamasa campus (きつつき, kitsutsuki, or woodpecker) where I eat lunch most days. I truly love this place. They offer a daily lunch special with a discount for students, but the women who run the shop know that I don't eat meat, so they make fried rice just for me (not even on the menu!) when the lunch special contains meat. They are so kind, I think this lunch ritual will be one of the things I will miss most when returning to the states. :)

No comments: