Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Obama!

Wow.
It`s been quite an afternoon. Thankfully I only had to teach in the morning today, and for the last 4 hours or so, I have been anxiously watching the election results online, switching between news websites, watching livestream tv, checking in with friends and family via phone, text messages, e-mail, and facebook. The Japanese teachers have been poping in from time to time, and my Australian co-worker has been watching with me. I am certainly grateful to live in a world that is so connected, and I am thrilled to be able to watch this election happen live.
I just watched Obama`s victory speech in my hometown of Chicago, teary and with chills running down my spine. What an amazing day for America. What a great moment in history. How pleasant to have an election that was not marred by issues in the electoral college or with disinfranchsement. I am so proud of my country, something that I have not said much in the last 8 years. Today is also my birthday, and this is the best birthday present that I could ever imagine.
Thank you America, and thank you Obama!!

No comments: