Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beverages 飲み物

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Yesterday was my last full day of classes and the weather was beautiful, so after I returned home from school we went to the park to enjoy the afternoon. On the way we stopped by the Family Mart to pick up some snacks and drinks such as tea (above) and juice (below). I'm also including a photo of the prepared coffees (last). I love that the tea in Japan is unsweetened, I can't stand the super sweet high fructose corn syrup drinks that pass for tea in U.S. convenience stores, and while I like to make my own tea at home, the ease of picking up a real bottle of green tea (for me) or barley tea (for Joe) while out and about is a nice everyday luxury. The boxed drink section includes melon juice, apple juice, orange juice, grape juice and fruit teas as well as banana, peach, and plum drinks and sometimes my favorite, aloe juice (though not in this photo).
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Processed coffee, while nothing like the real thing, is great for caffination while traveling or out in the city for the day. I'm fan of the Mt. Rainer brand Cafe Latte (middle shelf left side).
-

No comments: