Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lecture 講演


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
It's late so, a quick post to fulfill my daily blogging challenge...
After my afternoon session with Otake sensei, where we worked on translating a passage of classical Japanese into modern Japanese, I headed up to Tokyo this evening with three of my IUC friends and classmates to attend the workshop, "Public" and "Private" Interactions with Esoteric Buddhist Art: Transmission, Transformation, and Context, held at Sophia University. The speakers included Cynthea Bogel of University of Washington, Karen Mack of Atomi University (and a KU PhD), and Elizabeth Tinsley, PhD candidate at Otani University. After listening to a great group of speakers, I'm now thinking about the concepts of public and private, and how this applies to my own work in the Meiji period.
I took the above photo walking home from the subway at about 10:30 this evening. After a long and productive day, I'm off to do a little kanji review and reading before bed. お休みなさい!

No comments: