Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm back.

Hey internet!

It's hard to believe that it's been almost a year since I've blogged regularly. Something that was an outlet for my thoughts just became something that had to give. The last year of PhD coursework combined with working multiple jobs became all consuming and gave me so little free time. We did do some fun things along the way though, like skiing in Utah and hiking in Colorado, and spending the holidays with family and friends in Chicago. There were also some great professional and personal milestones, my favorite of which was running our first half-marathon back in April.

So, what am I doing now?
First off, I'm so happy to be working like a normal person for the summer. Meaning not all day plus evenings, late nights, and weekends. Instead, just the regular old forty hour workweek with a few extra evening or weekend hours thrown in from time to time. Truly liberating. If you are fortunate enough to work a forty hour week you know how much free time is involved. I'm loving having time to garden and cook, entertain, exercise, and generally enjoy life. It is this joie de vivre that I'll be blogging about in the coming weeks.

Glad to be back!

PS- If you are looking at the photo above and thinking, "why is she reading about yoga for work?" the text shown is not about yoga the philosophy and exercise, but yoga the term that refers to Western-style Japanese painting.

No comments: