Sunday, December 08, 2013

IUC 50th Anniversary


After a long and isolated week of being tied to my desk, work, and computer, I took a break yesterday evening to head down to Yokohama for the Inter-University Center for Japanese Language Studies (IUC) 50th anniversary reception.The IUC is my Japanese language home. I spent a wonderful year there (2009-2010) engaged in intensive advanced language study, and the supportive staff and great resources are a fond memory for me. It was nostalgic and wonderful to walk out of Sakuragicho station and see the view of Minato-Mirai that cheered me on all those mornings walking to class (above). The reception was held at the Intercontinental Pacifico, in the half-moon shaped building where IUC classes are held. It was also fantastic to visit with my teachers and a few former classmates, as well as meet some new people.

No comments: