Friday, March 28, 2014

発表 Research Talk

I don't think I will ever tire of taking photos of the Toden Arakawasen.

Hello people of the interwebs! Sorry for the radio silence these past weeks, many things have been happening around here. Our house had a bout of the flu, Joe is here visiting from the States, and yesterday I gave a research presentation at the Waseda Modern History Workshop (click here for the abstract). It was great to have the chance to discuss my work in a public setting; so often as scholars we are are alone in our research. Having feedback from a friendly audience gave me some ideas for how to edit and proceed, and refreshed my thoughts on one of my chapters. We finally have spring-like weather here in Tokyo, and we're on the verge of hanami season (flower viewing picnics). Many more posts in the near future!

No comments: