Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Baking 2015: Lemon Pudding Cake

The completed cake.

For our Father's Day BBQ, I wanted to make a light dessert that was relatively easy to create. A few weeks ago I saw a Lemon Pudding Cake recipe in the NY Times- I've never made, or possibly even tried a pudding cake, so I was intrigued. As the weekend approached, I found a different recipe for Lemon Pudding Cake on Allrecipies, and decided to try it. It was summer perfection: a lemony pudding on the bottom, and a light sponge-like cake on the top. The recipe was easy to follow, did not require much effort, and was a hit with the fam. To dress it up, I might add a small dollop of fresh whipped cream and a small handful of seasonal berries next time.
 
Separating eggs, grating lemon rind, squeezing lemon juice.
 
Egg whites being beaten to peaks- this seemed to be the key for the sponge cake top.
 
In the oven surrounded by a bath of hot water, which also seemed key.
 
The completed cake- pudding and sponge cake. So delicious. 

No comments: